Cricket Scoreboard

Game controls, scoreboards and everything sport related.
MartinLW

Cricket Scoreboard

Post by MartinLW »

Cricket is a notoriously difficult and time consuming game to score. I was wondering if there are any ways of updating the current score, overs, wickets, play scores through a referenced txt file, whilst the game is going on? This should be able to get the user to a new start point and then be able to kick-off again from there?

livescore-team
Site Admin

Re: Cricket Scoreboard

Post by livescore-team »

Hi

you are totally right
it's indeed a very complex sport

Live Score has an API, which can be used to automate and update things if you are a developer
https://www.live-score-app.com/api

However, with Cricket, the updateFullGameData does not work completely yet due to its complexity
but it should hopefully work soon

then it would be possible to read a TXT file and use that API endpoint to update the data that should be displayed

RobW

Post by RobW »

Gday,
Just wondering if there will be any more changes made to cricket scoreboard??
Its almost impossible to fix mistakes or catch up if something crashes and you miss an over or 2.
Is there a way to back end it, so for example if the team total, batters scores and bowlers figures are all wrong we can just change them and move on?

Would love to hear more.

livescore-team
Site Admin

Post by livescore-team »

Hi Rob

thank you for this

mhm...you are right, editing it and overwriting something is indeed a bit hard in that case

as you know, cricket is very much based on the statistics
so if you edit the total score for example,...would you allow wrong statistics in that case
or do you rather want to really re-add the missing data with correct statistics somehow?

thank you :)

RobW

Post by RobW »

I don't think the stats really matter. If we can't fix a mistake the stats are going to be wrong anyway.

Having a way to change mistakes from a back end would be an awesome improvement.

Any change it is possible?

livescore-team
Site Admin

Post by livescore-team »

Hi

ok thanks for the feedback

I'll do my best :)

RobW

Post by RobW »

Ok Thanks,

I would be happy to help if you needed suggestions on workflow. I understand the game very well and also troubles with scoring etc.