Football Scoreboard Fatal Error

Bug reports.
BradJ09

Football Scoreboard Fatal Error

Post by BradJ09 »

When I attempt to load the Football scoreboard I receive the following pop up error message.

"Error when starting application. Unable to cast object of type 'A.ce333eaccc1763446ba7481cb15e02a4a' to type 'LiveScoreServer.UI.Basic.Interfaces.Scoreboard.IFootballScoreboard'."

I can load every other scoreboard in the menu - Football won't load. I have restarted, uninstalled, reinstalled, same error. It was running fine last week when I tested it. I also tested the iPad app to control the Football scoreboard. Perhaps I triggered a bug of some kind.

The log file contains the following entry.

"2020-10-19 17:54:40,915 [1] FATAL LiveScoreServer.Data.Loggers.LiveScoreLogger::Fatal - error when starting application
System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'A.ce333eaccc1763446ba7481cb15e02a4a' to type 'LiveScoreServer.UI.Basic.Interfaces.Scoreboard.IFootballScoreboard'."

I need this for a game in 3 days. I am not going to use the iPad app as a remote controller, just the desktop Input/Built-In Controls.

livescore-team
Site Admin

Re: Football Scoreboard Fatal Error

Post by livescore-team »

Hi Brad

i have good news for you

so the problem is that you have a layout from a non-football game in your football setup.
that was accidentally possible (maybe by removing the filter in the layout gallery)

with livescore 1.9.0 thats not possible anymore

the fix is easy, you just need to remove your football cache

open the log files directory as described here: https://www.live-score-app.com/userguide/support
then close live score

maybe do a backup of the files in that folder, then just remove the football.lsc (or cache - something like that)

if you now restart live score, it should work again

cheers
christian

BradJ09

Post by BradJ09 »

That fixed it! You are awesome - thank you so much. This is a fantastic product - looking forward to my upcoming football game and many basketball games this winter.

One side note - FYI - you said it wasn't possible in version 1.9 but I am running 1.9 (1.9.0.0 according to Help/About).

livescore-team
Site Admin

Post by livescore-team »

great that it helped
and glad you like it :) thanks

wasn possible meant...it shouldnt be possible to add a different layout...but it could be that it has been added in previous versions

or do you only have 1.9? (thats the version i meant)
if so, how did you add a "wrong" layout, any ideas?

BradJ09

Post by BradJ09 »

I have 1.9.0.0. I honestly don't know how I goofed up the layouts. I was tinkering around so much I probably saved or loaded something I shouldn't have. All is well now. Again, thank you.

livescore-team
Site Admin

Post by livescore-team »

weird...but great its fixed now

cheers