[SOLVED] Wrong Virus Detections with 1.9.0

Latest product news and announcements.
livescore-team
Site Admin

[SOLVED] Wrong Virus Detections with 1.9.0

Post by livescore-team »

Hi everyone

Due to the recent virus detections with the Live Score EXE file of Version 1.9.0, I wanted to reach out to you and explain what is going on at the moment.

First of all, theres no virus or malware in Live Score.
It's a so called "false-positive" detection.
That means, that the Anti Virus software finds something that looks like a virus in Live Score.

How can this happen?
When applications are published, (like the EXE file) they are usually encrypted which is called "obfuscation".
This is to to prevent people from getting into the source code and protect Live Score.

In an obfuscation process...the data is "randomly" changed and encrypted...such as you would do when you translate a sentence into something you cannot read any more.

And unfortunately this turned out to make problems in the last couple of days.
It started a bit slow and looked weird, and suddenly more of these Anti Virus applications popped up.
Maybe there where viruses that came up and looked like a part in the obfuscated Live Score,...or an update of Live Score makes it look like that.
so its more like "hey that part in Live Score looks like some virus i know"...

What will Live Score do?
This sudden and fast appearance across the AntiVir applications comes very unexpected, but still its something that needs to be handled as soon as possible.
First of all...I'm trying to change the obfuscation process or even the full application that has been purchased for this.
I will also look into signing of the application, because Windows Defender might tell you its from an "unknown publisher".

What does this mean for you?
I will do my best to reupload a new version of the 1.9.0 installer ASAP.
In the meantime, you can switch to the latest 1.8.x which works.
If you somehow need 1.9.0, please contact us.

I am really sorry for any troubles and inconvenience this might have led to and doing the best to provide you a new version soon.

best regards
Christian

livescore-team
Site Admin

Re: Wrong Virus Detections with 1.9.0

Post by livescore-team »

Hi

I have new updates

so the good thing is, I was able to add and remove Virus alerts by simply changing the obfuscation intensity.
So that again proves its just this.

If you need 1.9.0, you can install the new version from https://www.live-score-app.com/download ... -1.9.0.msi

The only problem with it is, that the Microsoft Defender Smart Screen might tell you its blocking it.
(some users did already have this with the official version). You can just click on "More Info" in the blue popup from that Defender and install it.
After the installation the EXE file remains on your computer because its not looking like a Virus anymore.

The fix for the installer itself with the Microsoft Defender takes about a week more.
New certificates are required to sign the files, which take a few days.

Nevertheless, the old 1.8.x version from the website should still work, if you prefer to go with these versions

best regards
Christian

livescore-team
Site Admin

Post by livescore-team »

CURRENT SOLUTION BELOW

Hi

so it seems as if the certificates that I'm waiting for still take time..

I have a solution for you in the meantime
you can download a version that does not require an installation.

Just extract the ZIP file into a folder on your computer, and start the LiveScoreServer.exe file in it.
It should indeed use the same settings, so you might not even see any different in your data

here is the file
https://www.live-score-app.com/download ... -1.9.0.zip

> please note, you still might need to tell Windows its okay to start the file (blue popup)
> just click on "more information" in that popup and continue the execution

best regards
Christian

livescore-team
Site Admin

Post by livescore-team »

Hi

I have good news.

The virus detection is gone, and a new setup file for 1.9.0 has been uploaded in the good old downloads section at https://www.live-score-app.com/software

It's now signed as "Live Score GmbH". So as long as it has that signature, you can always be sure the file is safe and valid!

Unfortunately Windows might still try to block the download.
This is because I still did not get the final certificate....it just takes longer than expected, but its way better than before.

...and to be honest...I just cant hold it back any longer for you guys....you all need to stream games, right ;)

here's the FAQ for the Windows blocking, IF it actually comes
https://www.live-score-app.com/faq#13

thanks for your patience.
I hope you can finally enjoy Live Score again

best regards
Christian

livescore-team
Site Admin

Post by livescore-team »

Hi

I have very good news.
The final certificate has arrived, and if you now download the regular 1.9.0 from the download page,
it does not get blocked anymore. There shouldnt even be a single note by Windows anymore ;)

thank you for your patience

cheers
christian